We have the privilege to work with some of the nicest brands and help them deliver an extraordinary post-purchase experience to their customers at Bigblue and meet the founders behind them at the Digital Native Club.
As we are getting ready to do our Christmas shopping this week, we decided to share our gift guide and our analysis of some of the most ingenious conversion-oriented e-commerce tips we have come across.
Did you know that over 47% of French consumers wait until ten days before Christmas to buy their gifts? And that more than 89% of them have the intention of purchasing them online? Hence the demand for same-day shipping has more than doubled between 2020 and 2021.
At Bigblue, we have prepared to make sure that your gifts will arrive in time for when you need them. Nevertheless, we suggest shopping as early as possible and double-check the retailers’ websites for shipping information.
Recap of our best tips to boost the end of year sales on your e-commerce:
- Knowing that 44% of shopping carts are abandoned due to excessive delivery fees, offer free shipping.
- Consumers are extremely sensitive to delivery times, so we advise you always to have an express delivery option. And this year, requests for express delivery have increased 2X!
- In the same logic, announce on your website your Christmas cut-offs, that is, the last date to order to be delivered in time for Christmas.
- Be flexible with returns, as 67% of buyers read your returns policy before ordering. Holiday shopping is often a gift, so give your customers' loved ones time to try the products and make returns and exchanges easy. It doesn't cost anything to share and try!
- Display the exact delivery date on your check-out page. This simple action can increase your conversions by 9%!
- Offer your customers the opportunity to write a personalised note for their gifts.
- Offer gift wrapping options to enhance the gift unboxing experience. Over half of shoppers say branded packaging makes them more excited to receive/open the package.
- Adding samples to orders is a way to reward your customers for choosing you and invite them to test another product line that they might like and trigger a new purchase. 81% of French consumers want to receive samples in their packages.
- Add flyers with a discount for their first purchase on your e-commerce.
What if it was the time to convert your loved ones to solid beauty products (that melt like butter)? For a zero-waste Christmas, prepare your gift boxes and let them discover solid shampoos, facial cleansers, shower gels, and soaps for a spa day at home!
We like the Christmas shopping experience at Unbottled! For starters, they offer a gamified and smart experience to increase their shopping cart value with:
- Free shipping with a minimum ticket of purchases. This allows them to sell one more complimentary product to get free shipping.
- Transparent shipping costs on the product page.
- Gift wrapping proposal, boxes, and bags, for a great unboxing experience!
- The option to add a note with your gift. A great way to simplify your customers' lives.
Asymmetrical and original sneakers. Their production and materials are 100% European!
The conversion-oriented elements of Caval's e-commerce experience that we love:
- A straightforward, seasonally appropriate returns and exchanges policy. They offer returns and exchanges throughout Europe until mid-January.
- Precise delivery dates like Amazon does. "Order within 10h and 14min to be delivered on Thursday."
- Caval offers free shipping.
- They offer additional products, including a cleaning kit to maintain your sneakers on the check-out page to increase their cart.
Products that allow everyone to achieve healthy skin thanks to a high concentration of highly effective active ingredients for visible and lasting results. And all this without harmful or controversial ingredients (no lanolin, denatured alcohol, mineral oil, perfume, or artificial colorants...)
- Dermalogica offers free delivery at a minimum purchase.
- They offer 3 free samples chosen by the customer to discover new products.
- From a minimum purchase, they offer a gift, full-size product, to choose from! Great to make a gift for a loved one and a gift for yourself.
- They display the exact delivery date, ETA: "Estimated delivery on December 8"
Beard and shaving products and even a beard kit with glitter, of course, biodegradable!
- Big Moustache offers a 15% discount on all gift boxes.
- Free delivery from a minimum purchase in France.
- And free delivery in a relay point with no minimum purchase.
100% cashmere sweaters and hats, with a range of colours that really stand out!
- From Future offers a streamlined returns experience from their website. And flexible returns.
- The option to add free gift packaging at check-out.
- Multiple delivery methods to suit customer expectations.
Customised backpacks and hats made of 100% recycled materials!
- Free delivery in a relay point.
- Small gestures, each photo posted on Instagram with the hashtag #MartyChallenge represents a donation of 1€ to the SPA.
- Cabaïa offers free returns and a lifetime warranty on its products. There is no risk!
- A gift is offered for purchases of 85€ or more to push the basket up.
- They also offer a gift wrapping option for 1,50€.
In the kitchen with Diego Alary, the signed edition! 40 recipes in less than 30 minutes.
- The little extra for Diego’s fans, the signed limited edition of his first book.
- Multiple delivery options are available.
- Precise information on delivery times.
- Flexibility on returns, up to 28 days for purchases made in December
- Free shipping on orders over a minimum ticket.
- Precision on Christmas cutoffs: order before December 15th to be delivered before Christmas.
Illustrations, artsy and playful items!
- A gamified experience to win either a discount, free shipping, or a 150€ gift!
- Gift envelopes for €1.
- Delivery before Christmas is guaranteed for all standard colissimo orders placed before December 19th.
- Several delivery methods are available.
- Free delivery with a minimum purchase.